Subject: Re: bad bug in v37 Ram-Handler
From: [email-masked] (Randell Jesup)
Date: 7 Dec 92 00:47:29 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

[email-masked] (Paul Kienitz) writes:
>Why are soft links still not supported by the MakeLink command?  Could
>it be because they still crash sometimes?

	That's one reason.  Others include the fact that they screw up
C: commands and MatchFirst/MatchNext, and they design has a problem that
needs to be fixed with relative paths, and they've never had any serious
testing.  I think that's enough reason to list them as not supported.

>They seem to work just fine with the V37 ROM filesystem ... but in RAM:
>they are buggy.

>Is this fixed in V39?

	Yes - they're ifdefed out.

-- 
To be or not to be = 0xff
-
Randell Jesup, Jack-of-quite-a-few-trades, Commodore Engineering.
{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, [email-masked]  BIX: rjesup  
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.